Monday, January 18, 2010

TwentyTen Reading Challenge

My first ever challenge was the YA Dystopian Challenge hosted by Bart's Bookshelf.  I've been way behind on considering challenges for this year, but I thought I'd make my second challenge another one by Bart.  Although I'd probably meet a lot of the requirements for this challenge on my own, I still thought it was a fun challenge with some categories I might not otherwise actively consider.

Here are the requirements:

TwentyTen Reading Challenge
The aim is to read a total 20 books, over ten categories, in 2010. Full details on categories and rules available at the challenge site.

The categories and my participation:

1. Young Adult
- The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness
- Fire by Kristin Cashore
2. T.B.R. (I altered this requirement a bit since I don't own that many books: books must be already residents of your bookshelves as of 1/1/10)
- The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
- The Last Town on Earth by Thomas Mullen
  3. Shiny & New (bought new or purchased for you new)
- Peter & Max by Bill Willingham (won new in a giveaway)
- Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness (purchased new)
4. Bad Bloggers (books picked up purely on the recommendation of another blogger)
- Ash by Malinda Lo (recommended by Angela at Bookish Blather)
- Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork (recommended by Reading in Color)
5. Charity (bought or purchased for you from charity shops)

6. New in 2010 (books published in 2010)
- The Girl Who Fell from the Sky by Heidi W. Durrow (published Jan. 2010)
- Incarceron by Catherine Fisher (published in the U.S. in Jan. 2010)
7. Older Than You (books published before you were born)
- The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck (published 1931)
- Kindred by Octavia Butler (published in 1979)
8. Win! Win! (books needing to be read for other challenges)
- The Freedom Writers Diary by the Freedom Writers and Erin Gruwell (completes the POC Reading Challenge)
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan (completes the GLBT Reading Challenge 2010)
9. Who Are You Again? (books by authors you've never heard of)
- The Lost Books of the Odyssey by Zachary Mason
- The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
10. Up to You! - (I'm making this category for biographies/autobiographies/memoirs)
- The Northern Lights by Lucy Jago (biography of Kristian Birkeland)
- Monique and the Mango Rains by Kris Holloway (memoir of a Peace Corp volunteer in Mali)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment