Sunday, January 2, 2011

Back to the Classics Challenge 2011

Like last year, I want to choose challenges this year that help me to read beyond my "comfort zone," and the
Back to the Classics Challenge 2011 is perfect for that.  In compiling a potential to-read list, I noticed many books could qualify for any number of categories, so I know I'll have a lot of options.  (Some books are repeated on multiple lists, but I would only count them for one category)

Potential books to read:

1. A Banned Book
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

2. A Book with a Wartime Setting (can be any war)
- The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien

3. A Pulitzer Prize (Fiction) Winner or Runner Up
- In Other Rooms, Other Wonders  by Daniyal Mueenuddin (runner-up 2010)

4. A Children's/Young Adult Classic
- The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
- The Pigman by Paul Zindel
- A Separate Peace by John Knowles

5. 19th Century Classic
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

6. 20th Century Classic
- On the Road by Jack Kerouac

7. A Book you think should be considered a 21st Century Classic


8. Re-Read a book from your High School/College Classes

- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining in the Challenge! You've got some great choices there! I'll put up an updates post on the 15th of each month, so we can see how we are all doing (and maybe get some title ideas!) Have Fun!

    ReplyDelete